In the war torn future of the 41st Millennium Commissar Ciaphas Cain, hero of the Imperium, is respected by his peers and an inspiration to his men – at least that’s what the propaganda would have you believe. The reality is very different, for Ciaphas is simply looking for an easy life and a way to stay out of peril. However, fate has a habit of throwing him into the deadliest situations, and luck (mixed with self preservation) always manages to pull him through and onto the loftiest of pedestals. To survive Commissar Cain must dodge, bluff and trick his way out of trouble, even if it increases his status beyond his control!
Hero of the Imperium (Ciaphas Cain 1-3.) 1 csillagozás
'When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.'
– Parody of the Litany of Command, popular among commissar cadets
From Purge the Guilty! An impartial account of the liberation of Gravalax, by Stententious Logar. 085.M42
'Come on, men! Do you want to live forever?' The noncom in charge of the squad must have been on something, I thought. Nobody spoke like that outside badly-written combat novels.
I switched aim, shooting him in the leg, and he crashed to the floor in front of me, reaching out with a red-stained combat blade.
'Blood for the Blood God!'
'Fine, he can have yours', I snapped, stamping down hard on his throat and crushing his larynx. It wasn't a particularly elegant kill, but at least it shut him up.
A sorozat következő kötete
|Ciaphas Cain sorozat · Összehasonlítás|
Hasonló könyvek címkék alapján
- Dan Abnett: The Anarch ·
- Dan Abnett: Horus Rising 84% ·
- Stephen Baxter: Exultant ·
- Dan Abnett: I Am Slaughter ·
- David Annandale – Braden Campbell – Andy Chambers – Andy Clark – Ben Counter – Justin D. Hill – Nick Kyme – Steve Parker – Anthony Reynolds – Ian St. Martin – Gav Thorpe – Chris Wraight: Deathwatch: The Omnibus ·
- Orson Scott Card: Ender's Game 94% ·
- Orson Scott Card: Ender's Shadow 92% ·
- David Weber: On Basilisk Station ·
- Joe Haldeman: The Forever War ·
- Jack Campbell: Fearless ·