Jedi Master Mace Windu leads a battle against Separatist forces for control of the planet Simocadia! While the Confederacy of Independent Systems battles for the planet's rare fuel source, and the Republic tries to repel the invaders, the rulers of Simocadia choose a different option to save the planet: awakening the Ardana Shadex, an indestructible mechanized giant that has been sleeping for centuries under the planet's surface! But awakening the colossus could cost many lives and cause more destruction than the current war. Mace Windu races against time and across a dangerous landscape to prevent his onetime friend, Prince Yojan, from causing disaster.
The Colossus of Destiny (Star Wars: The Clone Wars 4.) 0 csillagozás
Tagok ajánlása: Hány éves kortól ajánlod?
Szereplők népszerűség szerint
"Costing us much, these Clone Wars are. Easily tally, we can, the price to replace a starship, or to equip an army…but not so easy, is it, to calculate the personal losses. Know too well, I do, the toll we all must pay for the greater good of the galaxy.
Whether it is worth the personal sacrifice…that only we can decide on our own."
So here it is, Mace thinks…The inevitable outcome of letting his emotions get the better of him. Again.
So quick to run into battle, so quick to save the day.
So quick to swing a saber when a calm conversation might have ended the conflict.
Things start out differently, but they always end the same.
So why then is it the hardest lesson to learn?
This was the last thing he expected, to be pitted against those he sought to rescue.
Though it's disappointment he feels, rather than surprise.
As entire worlds strain under the weight of these Clone Wars, what hope do friendship – such fragile things – have of surviving?
Mace likes to believe that his actions are a last resort, that the Confederacy of Independent System's invasion of Simocadia forced the Republic's hand – forced his hand – into choosing combat over diplomacy.
But the truth isn't so simple. The truth is Mace likes this. The truth is that sometimes only the rhythms of battle can soothe the storm of conflicting emotions that swirl deep within him. It's not a very Jedi-like quality, he knows….but in times like this…is that such a bad thing?
„Is it true, that the Jedi aren't allowed to marry?”
„Yes, forming attachments is discouraged.”
„So no children then, either?”
„That's a shame. The bond between a parent and their child is one of the most precious things in the galaxy. Without having felt that, there's no way you can know what I'm going through…or how I can so easily forgive my son's transgressions.”
„I'm a Jedi, Highness – not a robot. We do feel emotion.”
„Supressing your emotions is not the same as feeling them, Mace. You've changed so much since you were last here. The Jedi have helped you tame the tempest inside of you…But they've also cooled your passion.”
„I don't have time for this.”
A sorozat következő kötete
|Star Wars: The Clone Wars sorozat · Összehasonlítás|
Hasonló könyvek címkék alapján
- Henry Gilroy – Steven Melching: Star Wars: The Clone Wars – In Service of the Republic ·
- Pierce Brown – Rik Hoskin: Red Rising: Sons of Ares ·
- Jason Aaron – Kieron Gillen: Star Wars: Vader Down ·
- Rick Remender: Fear Agent Omnibus ·
- Tom Veitch – Cam Kennedy: Star Wars: Dark Empire 78% ·
- Brian Michael Bendis: Guardians of the Galaxy (vol. 3) 2. – Angela ·
- John Jackson Miller: Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Old Republic 1. ·
- Timothy Zahn – Michael A. Stackpole – Steve Perry – John Wagner – Andy Mangels – Ian Edginton – Rich Hedden – Kilian Plunkett – Lucas Marangon: Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The New Republic 1. ·
- Steve Perry – Michael A. Stackpole – John Wagner – Timothy Zahn: Star Wars Omnibus: Shadows of the Empire ·
- Tom Veitch: Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi – The Freedon Nadd Uprising ·