Vigyázat! Cselekményleírást tartalmaz.
The Odyssey 1 csillagozás
Attributed to the blind Greek poet, Homer, The Odyssey is an epic tale about cunning and strength of mind. It takes its starting point ten years after the fall of the city of Troy and follows its Greek warrior hero Odysseus as he tries to journey to his home of Ithaca in northwest Greece after the Greek victory over the Trojans. On his travels, Odysseus comes across surreal islands and foreign lands where he is in turn challenged and supported by those that he meets on his travels as he attempts to find his way back home in order to vanquish those who threaten his estate. In turn, his son Telemachus has to grow up quickly as he attempts to find his father and protect his mother from her suitors. Dealing with the universal themes of temptation and courage, the epic journey that Odysseus undertakes is as meaningful today as it was almost 3,000 years ago when the story was composed.
Eredeti mű: Όμηρος: Οδυσσεια
Hasonló könyvek címkék alapján
- Euripides: The Trojan Women · Összehasonlítás
- Publius Ovidius Naso: Metamorphoses (angol) · Összehasonlítás
- Mika Waltari: The Egyptian · Összehasonlítás
- Sophocles: Women of Trachis · Összehasonlítás
- Hesiod: Theogony · Összehasonlítás
- Aristophanes: Lysistrata · Összehasonlítás
- Plutarch: Life of Coriolanus · Összehasonlítás
- Arrian: The Anabasis of Alexander · Összehasonlítás
- Thucydides: The History of the Peloponnesian War · Összehasonlítás
- The Ramayana · Összehasonlítás